By Mr. X – Special To DESIBUZZCanada

Israel is committing a modern holocaust and genocide which is ironic given the Jews’ history of suffering the same fate at the hands of Nazi Germany.

Men, women, and children are dying of hunger in Gaza. But the man who is responsible for it is the present-day Hitler Israeli dictator Benjamin Netanyahu, says it is not true even though mountains of evidence and sheer death and destruction at his hands is obvious to the entire world. 

How bad is it?

Even his biggest supporter US President Donald Trump had to agree that there are signs of “real starvation” in Gaza. But the US and other Western nations are part and parcel of this death and destruction against innocent Palestinians and the World can no longer stand and watch this human cruelty on a massive level.

The images of hungry and starving children in Gaza and those who have been killed trying to get food are extremely horrifying. It is no different than what happened to Jews at the hands of Hitler. The people who were once oppressed could do this leaves me extremely sad and questioning my faith in humanity.

Everyday the Gaza Health Ministry gives out numbers of people dying of starvation. Some western leaders do not believe it because the Health Ministry is run by Hamas.

The choice for Palestinians now is between death by hunger or being shot by the Israeli forces. Almost 1,000 people have been killed by the Israeli forces at the food distribution centres. 

Why are these killings taking place? What have these young children done to deserve this? Why isn’t the world taking steps to stop these killings?

Israel imposed a total blockade on the territory in March this year which was partially lifted in May. Only a trickle of aid has been allowed since then despite warnings from the UN and international aid organizations. Rather than allowing food trucks to go in and deliver food, Israel has launched a new propaganda campaign blaming the United Nations for the ongoing famine in Gaza.

In case anyone has a doubt, two leading human rights organizations based in Israel, B’Tselem and Physicians for Human Rights, say Israel is committing genocide against Palestinians in Gaza. They state that Israel’s western allies have a legal and moral duty to stop it.

These two groups in reports published on July 28, 2025, say that Israel have targeted civilians in Gaza because of their identity as Palestinians, causing irreparable damage to Palestinian society.

Several international organizations have already described the situation as a genocide, but these two organizations are based in Isarael and have direct evidence. The organizations said in a joint statement that “in these dark times it is especially important to call things by their name”, while “calling on this crime to stop immediately”.

In addition to these two organizations, a group of 31 high profile Israelis has called for “crippling sanctions” to be imposed by the international community on Israel to end its starvation of Gaza. The signatories include a former speaker of the Israeli parliament and several recipients of the prestigious Israel prize, Israel’s highest cultural honour. The letter was published at the same time as Gaza’s health ministry’s announcement that more than 60,000 Palestinians had been killed by Israeli forces.

Moshe Yaalon, Israel’s former defence minister stated in 2024 that it is the Netanyahu government’s policy “to conquer, to annex, to carry out ethnic cleansing.”

France has announced its intention to recognize Palestinian state in September. The UK prime minister has stated that the UK will recognize Palestinian state in September unless Israel takes “substantive steps to end the appalling situation in Gaza”. Prime Minister Carney announced July 30th that if the Palestinian Authority promised to meet certain conditions, Canada would join France and the UK in recognizing a state of Palestine at the UN General Assembly in September.

In a statement issued on July 29, the United Nations said there is mounting evidence that “widespread starvation, malnutrition and disease” are driving a rise in hunger-related deaths. “It’s clearly a disaster unfolding in front of our eyes, in front of our television screens” said Ross Smith, UN World Food Program director of emergencies.

“This is not a warning; this is a call to action. This is unlike anything we have seen in this century,” he told journalists in Geneva.

This is indeed a call to action. End Genocide and prosecute those who are responsible, especially declared War-Criminal Benjamin Netanyahu!

Mr. X is used as an umbrella under which Anonymous Group of writers including human rights activists and journalists are able to freely offer their opinions on topical and important issues. Mr. X is used to protect their identities.