DESIBUZZCanada
Events Listings
Dummy Post

International Day Of Yoga To Be Virtually Celebrated Saturday At 4pm

CANCELLED: Coronavirus Fears Kills Surrey’s Vaisakhi Day Parade

ADVERTISE WITH US: DESIBUZZCanada Is The Most Read South Asian Publication Online

SURREY LIBRARIES: Get Technology Help At Surrey Libraries

WALLY OPPAL: Surrey Police Transition Update On Feb. 26

GONE ARE THE DAYS - Feature Documentary Trailer

Technology Help At Surrey Libraries

Birding Walks

Plea Poetry/short Story : Youth Contest

International Folk Dancing Drop-in Sessions
Double shooting In Brampton Leaves One Indian Man Dead And Another Seriously Injured
- August 27, 2025
Indian student types across Canada continue to invite trouble as the latest targeted home shooting has left one Indian man dead and another injured. Although he hasn’t been officially been identified but social media has been lit up with descriptions including that he’s an Indian man (Sonu Chatha identified by many posts on facebook) who was pronounced dead at the scene after a shooting near Humberwest Pkwy. and Castlemore Rd. in Brampton.
By PD Raj – Senior Reporter DESIBUZZCanada
BRAMPTON – Indian student types across Canada continue to invite trouble as latest targeted home shooting has left one Indian man dead and another injured.
Although he hasn’t been officially been identified but social media has been lit up with descriptions including that he’s an Indian man (Sonu Chatha identified by many posts on facebook) who was pronounced dead at the scene after a shooting near Humberwest Pkwy. and Castlemore Rd. in Brampton.
The second man who suffered serious injuries has also been identified as Indian following a shooting at a Brampton home on Tuesday night.
According to police, officers were called to a home on Bayhampton Drive, near Humberwest Parkway and Castlemore Road, for a reported shooting at around 8:40 p.m.
When they arrived on scene, officers found two victims who had been shot.
Police said the shooting occurred inside a residence in the area and the suspects fled the scene in a vehicle.
“We do not have any suspect or vehicle information at this time, but we do believe this to be a targeted incident,” Peel police said in an email to CP24.
The homicide unit has taken charge of the investigation.
“We do not believe at this time that anyone else in the neighbourhood should feel unsafe,” Const. Sarah Patten told CP24 on Wednesday morning.
“We are urging anyone to check their cameras, check their dash cam footage, and speak to officers that are canvassing the area with any concerns.”